Anne Marie left her body on August 5, 2022.
To honor Anne Marie’s memory she requested you go to your local shelter and adopt a dog or cat.
UNITED STATES VIRGIN ISLANDS
INFORMATION and APPLICATION
USVI Marriage License Application Information for the US Virgin Islands.
- The USVI courts are now accepting marriage applications and payments online. You can register here to create an account then, once you have your account, go here to complete the forms. Updated forms have been made available online as well as updated FAQs to assist with this new e-file option. The forms and FAQs can be found here to log in and if you have questions on e-filing you can find answers here.
- Applications need to be at the court house at least 8 business days before your wedding.
- Address for the court:
The Superior Court of the Virgin Islands
Alexander A. Farrelly Justice Center
P.O. Box 70
St. Thomas VI 00804
Ph: (340) 774-6680
Fax: (340) 777-8254
- If you are mailing your application via Federal Express, mail your paperwork to:
Clerk of Superior Court
The Superior Court of the Virgin Islands
5400 Veteran’s Drive
St. Thomas VI 00801
USVI Marriage License Application Information
- If either party is divorced, a certified copy of the divorce decree must accompany the application (a “certified copy” is stamped with the raised seal from the court where your divorce was issued). A certified copy from Vital Statistics is not accepted. The certified copy must come from the court where the divorce was issued. The court here wants your ENTIRE DIVORCE DECREE. If a former partner is deceased, a certified copy of the death certificate must accompany the application. Divorce decrees and death certificates must be in English.
- The Superior court must receive your marriage license application at least 8 days prior to you picking up your license on St Thomas.
Picking up your USVI Marriage License Application Information
- Because the couple must pick up their marriage license in person from the Superior Court, with a form of photo identification and your copy of the postal money order receipt. Equally important to protecting yourself, it’s a good idea to photostat everything you mail to the superior court and bring it with you when you pick up your marriage license. The Superior Court is located in the Alexander Farrelly Justice Complex on the waterfront in Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands (Federal Building). The court is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
Equally important to know, when you go to the court to pick up your marriage license, there is a dress code:
No Shorts, halter tops, flip flops, or beachwear. The court wants the men to wear long pants and women to wear dresses.
- If you want to pick up your marriage license on a day the court is closed (Sundays and Holidays), you may do so between 10:00 and 11:00 a.m. There is an additional charge of $150. Please speak with me about how to avoid this.
- Your wedding officiate, Anne Marie Porter, is ordained by the American Fellowship Church.
Are USVI Marriage License Application questions unanswered? click here
Also, be sure and mail your application and required information Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested.
Helpful Hint: Two weeks after mailing your application, phone the marriage license clerk, Ms. Monsanto, and ask for your license number and tell her when you will pick up your license. 340-774-6680. If you get her answering machine, leave the spelling of the grooms’ name and the date you mailed your application, and the date you will pick up your license.
2022 OFFICIAL US VIRGIN ISLAND HOLIDAYS
Please note that this schedule can be subject to change.
The court is CLOSED:
- New Years Day – Jan. 1 (Closed)
- Three Kings Day – Jan. 6 (Closed)
- Martin Luther King Day – (9:30 am-11: 30 am) $150.00 Additional Fee
- Presidents Day – (9:30 am-11:30 am) $150.00 Additional Fee
- Transfer Day – 9:30 am-11:30 am) $150.00 Additional Fee
- Holy Thursday – (9:30 am-11:30 am) $150.00 Additional Fee
- Good Friday – (Closed)
- Easter Monday – (9:30 am-11:30 am) $150.00 Additional Fee
- St Thomas Food Fair – Fair Day – open 8:a.m. to Noon
- Carnival – Jouvert – open 8 am to Noon
- ST Carnival – – Children’s Parade (Closed)
- Carnival – – Adults Parade (Closed)
- Memorial Day – (Closed)
- VI Emancipation Day – July 3 (9:30 am-11:30 am) $150.00 Additional Fee
- Independence Day – July 4 (Closed)
- Labor Day – (Closed)
- Columbus Day – (9:30 am-11:30 am) $150.00 Additional Fee
- D. Hamilton Jackson Day – Nov 1 (9:30 am-11:30 am) $150.00 Additional Fee
- Veterans Day – Nov 11 (Closed)
- Thanksgiving Day – Nov 25 and 26 (Closed)
- Christmas Eve – Dec 24 open 8 am to Noon
- Christmas Day – Dec 25 (Closed)
- Boxing Day – Dec 26 (Closed)
- Old Year’s Eve – Dec 31 open 10 am to Noon
- New Years Day – Jan 1, 2023 (Closed)
In addition, you can phone the Court to find the date closed Ph: (340) 774-6680
SPEAK TO ANNE MARIE IF YOU MUST PICK UP YOUR LICENSE WHEN COURT IS CLOSED.
The $500.00 fee pays for:
- The wedding ceremony, personalized just for you.
- The wedding site, Virgin Islands National Park beach, or sugar mill of your choice.
- Anne Marie is also happy to come to your vacation home or resort.
- The filing of documents with the court and mailing you certified copies of Certificate of Marriage for your records.
- Help, with everything, from a 45 year resident of St. John, Virgin Islands.
Anne Marie Porter
5000 Estate Enighed PMB7
St. John, USVI 00830